- Water quality
- Eutrophication and algal blooms
- Winter limnology
- Biogeochemical cycling
- Greenhouse gas emissions and climate change
- Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental and Life Sciences, Trent University
- Master of Science in Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
- Honours Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Waterloo
JR Webb, NM Hayes, GL Simpson, PR Leavitt, HM Baulch, K Finlay. 2019. Widespread nitrous oxide undersaturation in farm waterbodies creates an unexpected greenhouse gas sink. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 116 (20), 9814-9819.
HM Baulch, JA Elliott, MRC Cordeiro, DN Flaten, DA Lobb, HF Wilson. 2019. Soil and water management practices: Opportunities to mitigate nutrient losses to surface waters in the Northern Great Plains. Environmental Reviews 27 (4), 447-477.
J Liu, JA Elliott, HF Wilson, HM Baulch. 2019. Impacts of soil phosphorus drawdown on snowmelt and rainfall runoff water quality. Journal of Environmental Quality 48 (4), 803-812.
E Cavaliere, H Baulch. Denitrification under lake ice. 2018. Biogeochemistry 137 (3), 285–295.
DM Orihel, HM Baulch, NJ Casson, RL North, CT Parsons, DCM Seckar, J Venkiteswaran. 2017. Internal phosphorus loading in Canadian fresh waters: a critical review and data analysis. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 74 (12), 2005-2029.