Policies and Handbooks

Academic Advising

It is recommended that all students at each year of their program plan their course curriculum for the upcoming year in consultation with an academic advisor, faculty supervisor or advisory committee. 

Undergraduate Students - Certificate in Sustainability

Current students should contact their academic advisor to determine how the Certificate in Sustainability fits with their current degree program. Fill out the Advising Record and return it to SENS.*

For academic advising specific to the Certificate in Sustainability, you can direct your questions to sustainability.certificate@usask.ca or colin.laroque@usask.ca.  

*Notifying the school of your intention to complete the certificate helps us to ensure the certificate will be awarded at the end of your studies. 

Graduate Students

Manage your program from beginning to convocation. Make sure you are doing everything you need to do to ensure you graduate within the timeline you are given.

Program Requirements

Course and Program Catalogue

The Course and Program Catalogue has the complete and official listing of required classes and their descriptions for this program:

 Degree Works

Degree Works is a tool you can use to map your degree progress, explore your options, or devise a long-term plan for degree completion.


  • M.E.S. and Ph.D. students must consult their faculty supervisor or advisory committee when selecting their elective courses.
  • MSs students must consult with the program director when selecting elective courses.

Program Completion and Convocation

Undergraduate Students - Certificate in Sustainability

For students who are receiving the certificate in addition to an undergraduate degree, you need to complete the following steps in order:

  1. Apply to graduate for your primary degree
  2. Complete a second application to graduate for the Sustainability Certificate

The steps must be completed in this order.

Please note: If you are applying to complete your degree, but planning on returning to complete the certificate in a following semester, you should apply to register as a student before graduating (e.g., register for the following fall while still a student in the spring). This can be done shortly after applying to graduate (e.g., while you are still a student), but before you receive your degree (before convocation). This will help you to avoid a full registration process and fees that will be required if (re-)registration is done outside of this window. 

Graduate Students

Make sure you complete the steps required to convocate.

Resources and Services

International Students

The International Student and Study Abroad Centre (ISSAC) provides resources and services for international and exchange students, including everything you need to know about life as an international student at USask including immigration matters and information on working and living in Canada.

College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies

The College of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies has a wealth of resources, support and services.

Find information about:

  • Supervisor Relationships
  • Thesis and Dissertation
  • Academic Help
  • Teaching and Professional Skills
  • International Experiences

You can also keep up-to-date or access supports and services in the PAWS CGPS channel.