- Comparative politics and policy as it relates to northern circumpolar regions and to Aboriginal-state relations
- Sustainable development in the north
- PhD (Political Science), University of Alberta
- MA (Political Science), Carleton University
- BA, Honours (Political Science), University of Alberta
Poelzer, G. and Coates, K.S. 2015. From Treaty Peoples to Treaty Nation: A Road Map for All Canadians. Vancouver: UBC Press, 366 pp.
Poelzer, G. and Wilson, G.N. 2015 Governance in the Arctic: Political Systems and Geopolitics. p.185-222 in Larsen, J.N. and Fondahl, G. eds., Arctic Human Development Report: Regional Processes and Global Linkages. Denmark: Nordic Council of Ministers.
Noble, B.F., Ketilson, S., Aitken, A., and Poelzer, G. 2013. Strategic Environmental Assessment Opportunities and Risks for Arctic Offshore Energy Planning and Development. Marine Policy, 39: 296-302. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2012.12.011
Beatty, B., Berdahl, L., and Poelzer, G. 2012. Aboriginal Political Culture in Northern Saskatchewan. Canadian Journal of Native Studies, 32(2): 121-139.
Berdahl, L., Poelzer, G., and Beatty. 2012. Aboriginal Voter Turnout in Northern Saskatchewan. Aboriginal Policy Studies, 2(1): 26-41. http://dx.doi.org/10.5663/aps.v2i1.11741