- Renewable energy in Northern, Remote and Indigenous communities
- Comparative energy policy and energy transitions
- Social and economic value of community energy development
- Indigenous-state relations
- Economic reconciliation; negotiations, consultations, and social licence to operate
- PhD (Political Science), University of Alberta
- MA (Political Science), Carleton University
- BA, Honours (Political Science), University of Alberta
Leonhardt, R, B Noble, G Poelzer, K Belcher, and P Fitzpatrick, "Government instruments for community renewable energy in northern and Indigenous communities." Energy Policy 177 (2023): 113560.
McMaster, R, B Noble, G Poelzer, and V Menghwan, “Local Capacity for Energy Transition in Northern and Indigenous Communities: Analysis of Gwich’in Communities in Northwest Territories, Canada.” Arctic 76 (2023): 143–159. https://doi.org/10.14430/arctic77183
Menghwani, V, R Wheat, B Balicki, G Poelzer, B Noble, N Mansuy, “Bioenergy for Community Energy Security in Canada: Challenges in the Business Ecosystem.” Energies 16 (2023): 1560.
Godinho, CM, B Noble, G Poelzer, and K Hanna, “Impact Assessment for Renewal Energy Development: Analysis of Practices for Wind Energy in Canada.” Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal 41 (2022): 59-70.
Walker, C, G Poelzer, R Leonhardt, B Noble, and C Hoicka, “COPS and ‘Robbers?’ Better Understanding Community Energy of Place then Interest Approach.” Energy Research & Social Science 92 (2022): 102797.