- Mining impacts and metal bioavailability and toxicity in aquatic ecosystems
- Sediment contamination and associated impacts on benthic invertebrate communities
- Water quality assessment and derivation of water and sediment quality guidelines
- Use of autonomous water quality sensor systems for delineating effluent exposure and ecological risk in industrially impacted freshwater systems
- Pesticide ecotoxicology, particularly pesticide impact on aquatic life
- Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Biology (Aquatic Ecotoxicology), University of Guelph
- Bachelor of Science in Ecology, University of Guelph
White, K.B. and K. Liber. 2018. Early chemical and toxicological risk characterization of inorganic constituents in surface water from the Canadian oil sands first large-scale end pit lake. Chemosphere 211: 745-757.
Maloney, E., K. Liber, J.V. Headley, K.M. Peru and C.A. Morrissey. 2018. Neonicotinoid insecticide mixtures: evaluation of laboratory-based toxicity predictions under semi-controlled field conditions. Environ. Pollut. 243: 1727-1739.
Schiffer, S. and Liber, K. 2017. Estimation of vanadium water quality benchmarks for the protection of aquatic life with relevance to the Athabasca Oil Sands region using species sensitivity distributions. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 36(11): 3034-3044. https://doi.org/10.1002/etc.3871
Cavallaro, M.C., Morrissey, C.A., Headley, J.V., Peru, K.M., and Liber, K. 2017. Comparative chronic toxicity of imidacloprid, clothianidin, and thiamethoxam to Chironomus dilutus and estimation of toxic equivalency factors. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 36(2): 372-382. https://doi.org/10.1002/etc.3536
Crawford, S.E. and Liber, K. 2016. Sediment properties influencing bioavailability of uranium to Chironomus dilutus larvae in spiked field sediments. Chemosphere, 148: 77-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2015.12.123